Adding PPD printer driver to macOS 10.15 Catalina

When trying to add an Océ Plot Wave 550 wide-format printer to my new Catalina install on my MacBook Pro, I discovered that I could not add the PPD file like I always could before.  I could select Other... for the driver and navigate to the folder containing the PPD file, but all the files were grey and could not be selected.

I discovered that the following location had a bunch of gzipped printer PPD files in it: /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources

So I copied the ocpw5505.ppd file that I needed to "Oce PlotWave 550" and gzipped it to get "Oce PlotWave 550.gz".  Then I copied it to /Library/Printers/PPDs/Contents/Resources

When I tried to add the printer again, I chose Select Software... and the Oce PlotWave 550 was there in the list.  I selected it, and everything worked fine.

* Essential notes: Use the Line Printing Daemon and make sure the Queue value is not blank.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iChat IRC transport with OpenFire and Kraken

Save kerberos password in keychain for use with kinit on MacOS (was OS X) for use with network drives

Recording the iPhone screen and Mac screen at the same time in one video