Parallels 3.0 vs VMWare Fusion 1.1

I thought I would add to the discussion of Parallels vs VMWare Fusion. For those who don't know, both of these programs run on Intel Macs and provide a way of running other operating systems alongside Mac OS X. Most commonly, this is used to run Windows programs on the Mac. Until recently, I had no interest in trying Parallels because I knew VMWare was coming out soon. I have used VMWare in the past and have been impressed. However, recently I installed Parallels 3.0 to troubleshoot something at work. The install lasted less than a day on my system because it the software my company develops did not work with Parallels 3.0 running on Leopard, but worked flawlessly in VMWare Fusion 1.1 running on Leopard.

I currently work for Aquaveo, LLC which develops the XMS family of programs for water resources engineers. I did not make benchmarks of Parallels vs VMWare because Parallels simply did not work right. I am still a fan of VMWare because I have had no problems with it at all and the virtual machines are very fast.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iChat IRC transport with OpenFire and Kraken

Save kerberos password in keychain for use with kinit on MacOS (was OS X) for use with network drives

Recording the iPhone screen and Mac screen at the same time in one video