Gnome 2.22

With the release of Ubuntu 8.04, I am enjoying improvments made to GNOME 2.22. Among my favorites can be found the international clock with weather. Also, I have started using Tracker search with the deskbar. After I turned on indexing in the GNOME preferences, I rebuilt the tracker index. I also assigned Alt-space as the keyboard shortcut for deskbar.

Now I can enjoy most of the functionality found in OS X's spotlight feature in Ubuntu. It is so nice to be able to quickly launch apps, open files, or start e-mails with a quick Alt-space.

I also make good use of the Negative plugin for Compiz instead of looking for dark gnome themes. My current favorite is the Mac4Lin theme and the negative plugin. GNOME continues to impress me.

Evolution is making good progress. I have successfully connected it to my corporate exchange account and global address book. Things are looking up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iChat IRC transport with OpenFire and Kraken

Save kerberos password in keychain for use with kinit on MacOS (was OS X) for use with network drives

Recording the iPhone screen and Mac screen at the same time in one video