Migrate OS X Address Book contacts to linux Evolution

Finally, I have found the ideal way to migrate contacts from the OS X Address Book to linux Evolution! The most obvious way is to export the address book as a vcard and then import it into Evolution, but you lose the notes you may have entered about people. After trying all kinds of things, the best solution I found is this:
  1. Sync your address book with a yahoo account in OS X.
  2. Then log into your yahoo account and export the contacts as a vcard single file.
  3. You can then import that vcard file into evolution and everything comes over like it is supposed to, including the notes.
I have been searching for this for a long time. I remembered that the mac was syncing with Yahoo (you have to do this to sync with Google), and I decided just to try it. I picked the right option the first time. w00t!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iChat IRC transport with OpenFire and Kraken

Save kerberos password in keychain for use with kinit on MacOS (was OS X) for use with network drives

Recording the iPhone screen and Mac screen at the same time in one video