Dual boot with Windows XP using BOOT.INI

I installed FreeBSD 6.1 on an IBM Thinkpad T30 today. I then installed Windows XP afterwards. Of course, Windows overwrote the boot sector so I could not get to FreeBSD. Thanks to a blog entry found at http://techheadaches.blogspot.com/2006/07/bootini-file-in-windows-2000-xp-server.html , I was able to add FreeBSD to the Windows boot menu. All I did was copy boot/boot1 from the FreeBSD CD to c:\freebsd. Then I added the following line at the end of C:\BOOT.INI

c:\freebsd="FreeBSD 6.1"

That did the trick!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iChat IRC transport with OpenFire and Kraken

Save kerberos password in keychain for use with kinit on MacOS (was OS X) for use with network drives

Recording the iPhone screen and Mac screen at the same time in one video