It has been quite a while since my last post. I have discovered some great software. The Fink project is quite nice as it allowed me to easily install octave (a matlab clone) with gnuplot and aquaterm. Transmit is a very nice FTP client for the mac, but it is a bit expensive. Also, shapeshifter is pretty fun if you want to play with themes, but I always come back to Aqua because it is very hard to find other themes that are really useable. I hate having my interface get in the way, which is why I liked the ion window manager so much on my FreeBSD machine.

Oh yeah, I got that RAM upgrade I mentioned a few posts back. Now running at 2 GB of RAM. The system is really smooth! I can run Windows XP in VMWare and OS X together with no performance loss. Let's see, I use vobcopy and Handbrake to get Movies onto my computer. Handbrake is the best ripper I have used so far. It even has presets for Apple TV, iPod video, and others.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

iChat IRC transport with OpenFire and Kraken

Save kerberos password in keychain for use with kinit on MacOS (was OS X) for use with network drives

Recording the iPhone screen and Mac screen at the same time in one video